Re: GUI updates do not show even from separate thread

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GUI updates do not show even from separate thread
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 12:09:45 +0200

Am 16.07.2016 um 10:31 schrieb Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden>:
>> On 14 Jul 2016, at 09:39, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:
>> The only doubt remaining is thus now why we broke Windows :(
>
> It took me several hours to track this down because the problem was not
> actually in the code changes I made, but the change exposed a bug in the low
> level polling for windows messages.  The low level code was not returning YES
> as it should when an event had been received/handled, so the higher level
> code depending on that return value was not working properly.  This should be
> fixed in trunk (works for me).

Richard,

I want to explicitly thank you for taking the time to look into the underlying
problems of this issue. In the beginning it looked like a simple gui
misbehaviour and in the end you were able to track down and solve two deep bugs
in base. I am sure this will help to resolve other issues with GNUstep
applications that went unreported.