Re: GUI updates do not show even from separate thread

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GUI updates do not show even from separate thread
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 07:31:47 +0200

Hi,

On 16/07/2016 10:31, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
It took me several hours to track this down because the problem was not
actually in the code changes I made, but the change exposed a bug in the low
level polling for windows messages.  The low level code was not returning YES
as it should when an event had been received/handled, so the higher level code
depending on that return value was not working properly.  This should be fixed
in trunk (works for me).

Thank you RIchard for tracking this issue so deep down.
I did a quick test too and applications seem to work again now: menu clicks, panels display and such.

A quick test with FTP shows that it works, but but it doesn't update the interface as the X backends to, do it feels as before any change you did. On Linux however your changes provide a smooth display now.

I will perform further tests the coming days.

Riccardo