Re: 32bit GS on 64bit Win rebuild base from src

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: 32bit GS on 64bit Win rebuild base from src
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 19:21:57 +0200

Hi,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
Riccardo, I think you are missing the point here. For some reason, which I
don't understand, Giah wants to use the 32 bit version of base on a 64 bit
system. This will work out of the box, but when doing the autoconfig the system
gets confused. It detects the 64 bit environment and will try to use that
instead. What is needed is some sort of cross compilation and I am not sure we
are up to that.

I am unsure. If you use MINGW-32 (which is the one we supply) it is irrelevant if you are using windows 32bit or 64bit. At least, I did both and it works fine. I do however build on an older, customized system so my configure options do not apply (I still use ffcall)

Riccardo