Re: GNUstep on 64bit windows

From: Seong-Gu Lee
Subject: Re: GNUstep on 64bit windows
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 16:10:01 +0900

 Dear gnusteppers,

 It was too busy with my own work to respond the mailing list.

 Firstly, it is very appreciative of Richard for mingw64 porting work.
Most base checks(to 8020) were passed successfully and the baffling NSThread segmentation fault has gone (Hurrah!)

 Secondly, I has updated the msys2 building scripts.
 As 'pacman' does not accept wildcard but regular _expression_ and environmental variables,
mingw32 and mingw64 version were unified into single script.
Instead, msys (windows-build) and msys2 (msys2-build) were separated due to the difference of them.

When building gnustep-gui at msys2, it need to patch some msys2 win32api header files.
The keyword "interface" make conflicts with objc.
However, using this patch makes the other trouble "jpeg reading error", so i did not submit it to mingw64 development team.
It affect to the all application using NSBitmapJPEG such as Inspector(GWorkspace), PikoPixel, etc.

Thirdly, I have no Win2k8 server so cannot identify the the "libffi" trouble.
However,there were no any trouble of gnustep windows installer(0.35) at my Windows 10 rs1 x64.
Even building with svn source was succeeded at installer environment with window-build script.

The developmental packages at installer are not latest version.
For example, libffi at installer(0.35) may be 3.1.7(not exact) but the latest is 3.2.1.
msys packages seems not to be well-maintained so i tried to use msys2 instead.

Best Regards,
Lee, Seong-Gu