Re: 32bit GS on 64bit Win rebuild base from src

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: 32bit GS on 64bit Win rebuild base from src
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 11:07:35 +0200

Hi,

On 13/08/2016 00:29, Adam Fedor wrote:
http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/tools/installers/trunk/nsis

including packages to download and all the flags I use to compile (in native-compile.sh). Although if I was starting over trying to make an installer I would probably do it differently:

It seems quite plain to me? I wonder if Giah could run the same script or use the same flags.

- I’d probably use 64-bit mingw. There are other people who’ve used this and created instructions for it (as Richard mentioned in a previous email) - Other people have mentioned that the nsis installer is old and a more modern one should be used (I forget what the new installer is or the arguments for using it).

I'd stick for mingw for now. I follow development and mingw-64 vs mingw is not without friction. MinGW is quite proven, I wonder if it will continue to be easy to have both, I hope so.

About the installer, I'm neutral, what we have works and appears to continue to work !

Riccardo