Compiling on Armbian

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Compiling on Armbian
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 18:43:59 -0400

Hi everyone,
Has anyone recently compiled GNUstep on Armbian, recently? I was flooded (dozens of them per file) with the following warnings:

NSURLDownload.m:49:1: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type [-Wcast-align]
 + (id) allocWithZone: (NSZone*)z
 ^

NSURLHandle.m:126:1: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type [-Wcast-align]
 static NSLock  *registryLock = nil;
 ^

Those are just 2 examples. The warnings are nonsensical, as you might imagine. I ran the test suite and everything seems to be OK, which means the warnings are harmless.

Armbian comes with GCC 4.9.2 and corresponding libobjc.

Stefan