Re: Cutting a gnustep-gui release

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Cutting a gnustep-gui release
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 11:23:58 +0000

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016, 22:47 Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Ivan Vučica wrote:
> Let me know if you would like me to delay or to sync with another release.

current gui has some important fixes done by fred: they could be
backported to stable in case?

Ok, thanks for the response to both yourself and Fred.

I am not sure what we should backport, we should probably just cut a release and not worry much about a separate "stable" branch. Unless a distribution packager voices interest in us doing so?

@Richard: Are you interested in cutting a -base release soon?

However, I just proved that TalkSoup crashing is caused by current
gui... reverting to a couple of months ago (1st October) makes it work.
I will try bisecting and understand which change(s) cause this crash.

Acknowledged.

I'll wait for that or try helping with that myself.

Does this happen on multiple archs/configurations?