Re: Cutting a gnustep-gui release

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Cutting a gnustep-gui release
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 11:25:22 -0500

Hi Ivan,
I would assume, as a minimum, the soname cannot change. GNUstep does have a habit of incrementing the soname with MINOR release number bumps, even if the ABI remains unchanged.

For example, Debian's current version of GNUstep base in testing is 1.24.9, and the package name is libgnustep-base1.24. If a new, 1.25 release, is pushed out, the new package name would be libgnustep-base1.25, and likely not accepted.