Re: Implementation of CFBridgingRelease() on GNUstep

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Implementation of CFBridgingRelease() on GNUstep
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 20:05:55 -0400

Hi Daniel,
As everything currently stands, the answer to your question is, yes, CFBridgingRelease is eyewitness to CFRelease. We had a discussion about it either early this morning or last month.

That said, since you are the second person to ask about these functions, I believe the safest route is to implement it. I'm going to be out of town until Monday, but I can look at into it then.

Based on David's previous comments, I believe the best approach is to make it an alias to objc_release(), if that function exists, and an alias to CFRelease, otherwise. David, can you confirm that is the smartest approach?

I apologize for any typos, I'm on my phone.

Stefan