Re: Implementation of CFBridgingRelease() on GNUstep

From: Daniel Ferreira (theiostream)
Subject: Re: Implementation of CFBridgingRelease() on GNUstep
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 22:46:11 -0300

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 2:29 PM, David Chisnall <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 1 Jun 2017, at 17:49, Daniel Ferreira (theiostream) <address@hidden> wrote:
> It absolutely should *NOT* decrement the reference count but not deallocate
> the object if it reaches zero!

Makes perfect sense. I think deep in my subconscious I meant
"reduce-refcount-to-zero-but-do-not-deallocate" as an autorelease
(we're releasing! and deallocating later! Although we are certainly
not playing with the refcount yet). Anyway, I'll leave this matter to
psychology and move on to implementing these functions on CoreBase.

Thank you for the explanation! :)