Re: State of the WebKit port

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: State of the WebKit port
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 18:42:11 +0000

I meant keeping in sync the fact that CGColorRef is a @class CGColor. I did not mean that we teach -gui (and I mean -gui, not -back) what @interface CGColor looks like :]

To my knowledge, CGColor is not toll-free bridgable with NSColor.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017, 17:34 Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 20.06.2017 um 18:22 schrieb Ivan Vučica <address@hidden>:
>
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 5:17 PM, Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Sounds like we should just put the implementation of these in the opal part of gnustep-back. We will need the declarations in the guidelines headers of course.
>
> Presumably you meant 'gui', not 'guidelines' and you got autocorrected?

Yep.

> Doesn't feel totally right, but I guess we can have 'unimplemented'
> stub in -gui, and only implement in -back.

Yes it feels like a hack, but better than having a separate library just for that.

> It does mean we have to somehow define CGColorRef and CGImageRef
> (presumably @class + typedef), and ensure we keep opal, gui and back
> in sync if that ever changes.

No, we already have  CGColorRef and CGImageRef in opal and if we don’t support toll free conversions we can just convert the AppKit object into the opal version by calling CGColorCreate and the like.
We always have to keep gui and back in sync and the same is true for back and opal. So we loose nothing here.