Re: CI server on GitHub repos

From: Daniel Ferreira (theiostream)
Subject: Re: CI server on GitHub repos
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 19:31:22 -0300

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 7:18 PM, Ivan Vučica <address@hidden> wrote:
> I wouldn't mind a pull request setting up an off-the-shelf CI system,
> in addition to Gregory's existing setup. (I don't know where the
> 'stuff is broken' emails are going these days.)

I just wonder what sort of setup should be used. For base/gui/back I
can envision, ideally:

1) GNU/Linux with oldest gcc we intend to support
2) FreeBSD with oldest gcc we intend to support

and for base/gui/back plus all the others:

3) GNU/Linux with modern gcc
4) GNU/Linux with modern clang
5) FreeBSD with modern gcc
6) FreeBSD with modern clang

I'd appreciate help in determining what that "oldest gcc" would be.
Also, we have the problem that Travis CI does not build on top of any
BSD aside from OSX itself, or on some targets like SunOS which I
believe we still support. I don't know if we officially support
Windows despite our win32 code in the codebase, and how tricky *that*
would be to set up in any CI server.

I'd appreciate insight on what sorts of tests the current CI runs (and
where to find it.)

-- Daniel.