Re: CI server on GitHub repos

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: CI server on GitHub repos
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 14:15:30 +0000

We could run qemu with FreeBSD inside Docker. Or we can run our own Jenkins-based CI infra interacting with Github (and later Gitlab etc depending on the level of CI support these systems may or may not have).

This all depends on how much time one is willing to spend on setting this infrastructure up. I'd say testing /something/ on Travis is better than testing nothing on Travis, while Jenkins would be the long term solution.

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017, 15:11 Daniel Ferreira (theiostream) <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 5:26 AM, David Chisnall <address@hidden> wrote:
> Note: Travis has an open issue tracking their lack of FreeBSD support.  The more people who +1 it, the more likely it is to happen.

All issues I can find about that have been locked to collaborator-only
comments, so I can't +1. They've also made it very clear that they
don't intend to add support for it in the near future.

Someone suggested using a FreeBSD Docker container on top of the
Ubuntu host kernel to make the tests, but that just does not work.