Re: CoreBase: necessary additions for WebKit

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: CoreBase: necessary additions for WebKit
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 10:07:47 +0100

On 1 Jul 2017, at 22:51, Daniel Ferreira (theiostream) <address@hidden> wrote:

> This would require rewriting a good part of CFRunLoop, but it seems
> more approachable than expecting Base's NSRunLoop to depend on
> libdispatch.

Note that an increasing amount of Cocoa code depends on at least the main
runloop having a libdispatch queue, and libdispatch runs on all
GNUstep-supported platforms (including Windows - there are multiple ports, and
Microsoft maintains one, though I also talked to that team a few months ago
about reimplementing the libdispatch APIs on top of the Windows concurrency
primitives).