Base: networking APIs

From: Daniel Ferreira (theiostream)
Subject: Base: networking APIs
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 10:33:32 -0300

Hi everyone (and Richard in particular),

Lately a lot of effort in getting WebKit to work has been avoiding its
usage of the Foundation newer networking APIs (NSURLSession,
NSURLDownload...). Does anyone plan on implementing them relatively
soon?

I believe I can get WK to work using the libsoup networking backend
the GTK port uses, but on the medium-term it'd be nice to be able to
use this part of the Mac port as well. Otherwise, it's a really handy
API I really liked using in my newer applications.

If nobody has a plan/interest in working on that, I might take it up
some time from now.

-- Daniel.