Re: GNUstep livecd response

From: Alex Myczko
Subject: Re: GNUstep livecd response
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 22:24:48 +0200

Hi Greg

On 13 Aug 2017, at 15:11, Gregory Casamento <address@hidden> wrote:

Guys.  I think the response to the livecd has been very good.  Many thanks to Alex/Gurkan.  I would love if we could make a more optimized version which contains what some people were complaining about.

I am all for it, pikopixel almost packaged. I am having troubles packaging emacs.app.. I would love to go with the new libobjc2 new runtime

From what I can tell them main gaps were:
* file viewer not starting on login
I can do that. Will it ever be renamed to just Workspace?

* missing system preferences.
It is not missing. See ls /Applications it is called SystemPreferences. It is just not in the Debian menu of WindowMaker because Debian drops debian/menu support for freedesktop.org *.desktop files which are not supported by WindowMaker.

* more of the existing native apps should be released and updated from gap as well as GNUstep.
That would be great. I am following Daniels posts on webkit stuff. One day I can start gorm
and add a NSBestEverBrowserJustDoIt and browse the web without memory leaks?

And more...

I have been very impressed by the response and I think if we leverage it we can gain some traction if we release the livecd more often.
I hope so as well! Thanks for all your work!

GC

--
Gregory Casamento
http://ind.ie/phoenix/