Re: parent of a menu

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: parent of a menu
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 10:12:04 +0200

Hi Josh,

Josh Freeman wrote:
GNUstep's NSMenu.h declares some public GS-specific NSMenu methods for popup buttons (GNUstepExtra category):

- (BOOL) _ownedByPopUp;
- (NSPopUpButtonCell *)_owningPopUp;
- (void) _setOwnedByPopUp: (NSPopUpButtonCell*)popUp;

However, unlike the other GNUstepExtra category methods, the above methods all have an underscore prefix - does that mean they're for internal use only?

thanks for the hint, extremely useful.

I'm trying to work in the Windows theme, so I thin using private methods is perfectly fine, the code doesn't need to be portable outside GNUstep.

I was able to develop a fix for the item selection.

However, the big issue about selection and event in NSPopUpButtons in the WinUX theme remains unsolved.

Riccardo