Re: header issue compiling Base

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: header issue compiling Base
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 18:33:58 +0100

Hi Fred,

On 07/11/2017 08:15, Fred Kiefer wrote:
The simplest solution you could try is to recreate the configure script with a
newer version of autoconfig. Version 2.65 has been used here. You could do this
on another machine and just transfer the generated configure file to the MinGW
environment.

actually, the log says there is a strange linking error. I did something simpler: reboot the machine, clean and try again! And.... it worked. Before that, be assured that i tried several times... very strange.

However once this hurdle was passed, I have issues with the ICU I compiled.

I am unable to compile most recent 59 and 60 versions.

Version 52 had issues, By trying version 55 I was able to compile base !

However, when launching any app, I get a popup saying that "icuin55.dll is missing from your computer".

But it successfully linked without any additional flags... hmm? What could be the trick?

Riccardo