Re: header issue compiling Base

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: header issue compiling Base
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 16:42:47 +0000

Was the binary you were trying to start in "bin"?

DLL search path on Windows:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7d83bc18.aspx
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682586(v=vs.85).aspx (see Standard Search Order for Desktop Applications section)

Just leaving it in "lib" won't let the app find it unless "lib" is in %PATH%.

I am not aware of a search path being embeddable into the .exe like on other platforms; safest bet is to ship the DLL right next to the executable. We might be able to hack something together for Vista+ systems and SetDefaultDllDirectories(), but it's probably not worth it.