Re: NSBundle and Frameworks

From: David Wetzel
Subject: Re: NSBundle and Frameworks
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 12:24:51 -0500

Hi!

> Am 04.12.2017 um 18:05 schrieb Ivan Vučica <address@hidden>:
>
> It feels wrong that you would need this. In which bundle is GSMime.plist
> located? Is it in the WebObjects.framework?

Yes.

> What's the value of bundlePath on line 804?

The framework is in
/usr/local/GNUstep/Local/Library/Frameworks/WebObjects.framework

> Your change, if it's doing the right thing, seems to be in a totally wrong
> place. That chunk of code deals with Versions, according to the comment on
> lines 801-803; so with your change, that comment would be quite misleading.

I think that whole code needs some love. There are many different platforms and
possible locations of frameworks.

> I think I might finally get around to play with GNUstep tomorrow a bit on
> Debian. Can you provide closer repro steps? Is it enough to build gsweb's
> 'hello' example to reproduce this?

It is loaded in GSWResourceManager so that should be enough.

> I'd also suggest pulling the latest code from Git... you seem to have an
> expanded $Date$ and $Revision$ macro, which I don't think Git cares about or
> would expand.

I used the -base from FreeBSD ports since that installs all the dependencies. I
bet that is what most people do.
I did not spot any bundle related changes since the release that FreeBSD uses
and the git version.
I used GSWeb from gib (obviously)

This bundle thing came up since I upgraded my ports.