Re: Upcoming 0.26.0, please review release notes

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: Upcoming 0.26.0, please review release notes
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 21:04:16 +0000 (UTC)

В Mon, 11 Dec 2017 09:45:04 +0000, Richard Frith-Macdonald написа:

> As far as I know there should be nothng that breaks binary
> compatibility (so I'd have made it 1.25.1), but if people want a new
> library version number I don't see any problem with that.

Please don't bump the SONAME if the changes don't break binary
compatibility.  Superfluous bumping is not so bad as retaining the
SONAME if there's ABI breakage but it's not a good practice and leads
to unnecessary burden for users and distros.