Re: FreeBSD directory locations

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: FreeBSD directory locations
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 08:29:26 +0000

On 27 Dec 2017, at 02:24, David Wetzel <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Should -make from GitHub setup the paths the same way as the -make package
> from ports does?
> I think, it should unless you want to configure it differently.

The port is set up to use the GNUstep layout, but the upstream default has been
changed to FHS.

The port is configured to install all stuff installed from ports / packages in
the system domain, so you can install stuff built from source in the local
domain to override it (I’ve used this when debugging GNUstep - install a debug
version of base / gui in the local domain and it .

> I did not dig into it, but it seems the git version does not detect pthread
> and lib dispatch either.

That’s odd.  What’s the error?