Re: ANN: GNUstep Base 1.25.1

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUstep Base 1.25.1
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 19:51:07 +0000

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 7:42 PM, David Chisnall
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 31 Dec 2017, at 18:12, Ivan Vucica <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Happy New Year!
>>
>> 1 Announcement
>> **************
>>
>> The GNUstep Base Library, version 1.25.1, is now available.
>
> Are we now happy that the master branch of libobjc2 works with this?

libobjc2$ git describe --tags
v1.8-155-ge235ffb

I ran Zcode before cutting the release and it didn't crash. I passed
ng-gnu-gnu to -make:

make$ ./configure --with-layout=gnustep --enable-debug-by-default
--with-library-combo=ng-gnu-gnu --prefix=/GNUstep
--with-config-file=/etc/GNUstep/GNUstep.conf
base$ ./configure --with-ffi-include=/usr/include/`gcc -dumpmachine`
gui$ ./configure
back$ ./configure --enable-graphics=cairo

> If so, I’ll push out the 1.9 release (which seems to work well for me, at
> least…) and update the FreeBSD ports to all of the new shiny.

I have not tried removing the NSThread workaround. But I think it's
probably worth cutting the 1.9 release.

Sidenote: Could you use an annotated git tag when cutting the release,
so "git describe" just works without "--tags"? :-)