Re: ANN: GNUstep GUI 0.26.1

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUstep GUI 0.26.1
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2018 17:36:25 +0000

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018, 07:21 David Chisnall <address@hidden> wrote:

Is there a good reason why we release -back as a separate package?  As far as I know, neither -gui nor -back is useable without the other.  Having them as separate releases doesn’t seem to help anyone.

David

At this time it would be a slight pain to include both.

Particularly since 'make git-dist' is even simpler than 'make svn-dist' and just invokes git-archive.

Even if built separately, we'd have to merge them back into the same repository (losing some of the history in the process) or write custom dist stuff that would unpack both tarballs and create a single tarball (we'd still want to tag them together).

It's a good idea to pack them together, just slightly impractical at this time.