Re: [IMPORTANT] Ideas for Summer of Code 2018

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Ideas for Summer of Code 2018
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 01:25:33 +0000

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 7:05 AM, Daniel Ferreira (theiostream)
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 5:55 PM, Ivan Vučica <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I don't think that's inappropriate as far as GNUstep is concerned.
>
> By inappropriate I mean that if the student wanted to work on anything
> that's not GS+WebKit (or even that actually) my help would be very
> limited – they would probably have to rely on Fred, you and others,
> much like I had to in order to get work done.

While I would prefer to mentor someone mainly if they do CA-related
work, I am willing to consider helping out on a per-project basis.

It is perfectly valid not to accept a proposal if we believe we can't
mentor it well.

>> Can you write a blurb that we can ask GNU representatives to put on
>> the ideas page? See summer-of-code mailing list archive for examples.
>
> For GS+WebKit? Definitely. I should have something this week still.

Thanks!

>> Let's sit one weekend to help me reproduce your build steps. (I don't
>> recall at this point; maybe you left good enough documentation that I
>> could do it myself, but maybe it's better if we sit down and make this
>> easily reproducible.)
>
> Sure! Can we set this up sometime next week?

As in, week of 22nd Jan? Sure.