Re: Coverity Scan for GNUstep?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Coverity Scan for GNUstep?
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 22:33:24 +0100

> Am 21.01.2018 um 22:19 schrieb Ivan Vučica <address@hidden>:
>

> On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 9:12 PM Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > Am 21.01.2018 um 22:04 schrieb Ivan Vučica <address@hidden>:
> >
> > @fred:
> > I don't know why you had to use make without first generating makefiles
> > with cmake.
>
> Sorry, I was a bit unclear here. The wiki has three lines of cmake when
> building libobjc2 and at least the last one (but I think the last two) need
> to be make.
> Does this make more sense?
>
> I see this:
>
> cmake ../ -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=clang -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=clang
> -DCMAKE_ASM_COMPILER=clang -DTESTS=OFF
> cmake --build .
> sudo -E make install

Oops, you are correct. I just rechecked my command history and it must have
been the second line „cmake —build .“ which caused me issues. I then checked
the INSTALL file of libobjc2 and followed the instructions from there, but
still needed the -DTESTS=OFF switch to finally get it working.

> n.b. I usually use just "make" instead of "cmake --build ."; I was unaware
> that --build is a thing.
>

> I also don’t know whether we need to install GNUstep make first, if we use
> cmake for libobjc2. But this still might be the case.
>
> I think -make and -base would prefer to see libobjc2 first.
>
> libobjc2 does not require -make; I definitely install libobjc2 first, and
> only once.

It would be great to have your simpler instructions in the wiki.