Re: Wayland backend status update & help appeal

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Wayland backend status update & help appeal
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 17:01:15 +0000

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018, 09:45 Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard.frith-macdonald@theengagehub.com> wrote:

> - xdg_shell's get_xdg_surface_special is not referenced elsewhere on
> the interwebs. I have temporarily swapped it for get_xdg_surface;
> thus, no longer is a more detailed window style being passed. I don't
> see an obvious way to do the same with v5 xdg-shell api.
> - Having done so, the window does not appear at all. I cannot find
> evidence that a 'map' call is required. The window is there under
> weston; events are being printed if I pass --GNU-Debug=dflt. It's
> simply not drawing stuff on screen at all.
>
> What am I missing?

I'm just reading around what I can find about xdg-shell and looking at the get_xdg_surface_special() calls I note the extra argument is 2/1/0 for main/background/other window styles.
I wonder if the 2 and 1 might correspond to the xdg-shell states for maximised and fullscreen (which seem to have those numerci values).
If so, perhaps calling xdg_surface_set_maximized () and xdg_surface_set_fullscreen() might have the same effect?

It might be, but that should not affect whether content is drawn on screen, just how the window behaves? I mean, events seem to be captured, just there's no content.