Re: strange issue with Mutable Dictionary

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: strange issue with Mutable Dictionary
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 20:49:13 +0000 (UTC)

В Fri, 16 Mar 2018 14:57:53 +0100, Riccardo Mottola написа:

> The crashes happen either when the pool is released in line 224 and
> NSData or in the setter of one of the properties, as the first stack
> or with a crash at line 181, which is still inside this method.

You haven't posted a backtrace.  I assume you cannot reproduce?

> I Don't see at a glance a gross error in CWImapCacheManager -

Hmm, this is perhaps the buggiest part of the library, or at least the
most fragile.  I remember ~15 years ago Ludo was advising users to
just delete the cache if something goes wrong.

A shot in the dark, but maybe there are some type mismatches or broken
pointer arithmetic (or both) here or in the io.c function definitions.
I would suggest uncommenting these NSLog statements (or converting
them permanently to the appropriate NSDebug*Log) to see what's going
on.  Don't forget to adjust the specifiers for the expected types.

If the crashes occur on a 64-bit machine, it would probably help to
verify if they are reproducible on 32-bit.