Re: cocoadialog / other software to port / gnustep cd

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: cocoadialog / other software to port / gnustep cd
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 09:56:16 +0200

Hi,

Gürkan Myczko wrote:
hi gnusteppers

how hard would it be to port
https://github.com/cocoadialog/cocoadialog/issues/107
to gnustep? and am i the only one wanting this?

at a first glance, it is not really released. There seemed to be an old version which from the screenshots was of the 10.2/10.3 aera, but then new the "stuff" is not finished yet.
Maybe you are the only one wanting this, I never heard of it.

i'm also trying to list other software that might be interesting to port to gnustep at
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianGNUstep

I would add: LaternaMagica, Graphos and GSPdf. I miss LaternaMagica which I extra wrote as a convenient image viewer for GS and use daily, while Graphos will improve for the next release (due really soon!). It the least useful application of the 3 mentioned, but is some sort of GNUstep demonstrator. The to-release version improves and I did use it for some "real" work.

Especially the latter is really my standard Print previewer and works like a charme! being a ghsotscript wrapper, it renders more reliably than xpdf or poppler based things, it support PS itself best of course.

once i have a working emacs.app with the debian sid gnustep, i'll try to make a new livecd.gnustep.org based
on that (amd64). wishes/feedback welcome

Emacs is a nut to crack to make portable, but on Linux the newest release is a bit usale, but I do get issues, I still use the gtk version for coding. Getting emacs really work with GNUstep and then make it also usable on BSD would be a great achievement for 2018! I'd love it, I spent several hours with only minimal fixes though.

Riccardo