Segmentation Faults - OpenBSD

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Segmentation Faults - OpenBSD
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 00:53:00 +0200

Hi All,

After updating GNUstep on OpenBSD/i386 with gcc, I noticed that all applications segfault. At first, I thought it is a strange combination of an old setup, with system gcc+libobjc1 (which however worked before upgrading) However, I have a second machine where GS was proven working and with gcc 4.9 and its own runtime, a setup that worked before and worked on other system. Test: everything works, update, gnustep base, gui, back : everything segfaults! so that machine is the proof that the commits of the past week broke, I don't see how OpenBSD can be so much different, it worked for a long time.

I notice that during gui build:

Making all for service GSspell...
gmake[4]: Nothing to be done for 'internal-service-compile'.
 Creating GSspell.service/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist...
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
gmake[3]: *** [/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/Instance/service.make:141: GSspell.service/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist] Error 1

so I found that something as simple as this:
$ plparse Source/Info-gnustep.plist
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

this smells as an issue in base! doesn't it?

this even more:
$ plparse
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

however, this is of no use at all!!

0x0cfd6dbc in _libc_memcpy (dst0=0x38c, src0=0x7b41c0bc, length=2031685792)
    at /usr/src/lib/libc/string/memcpy.c:54
54      /usr/src/lib/libc/string/memcpy.c: No such file or directory.
        in /usr/src/lib/libc/string/memcpy.c
Current language:  auto; currently minimal

so now? even id I build with debug, I get no better stacktrace. This sounds bad,

Riccardo