Re: GSUnicodeString and NSString disagree on rangeOfComposedCharacterSeq

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: GSUnicodeString and NSString disagree on rangeOfComposedCharacterSequenceAtIndex:
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 20:17:48 +0100

On 7 Apr 2018, at 19:51, David Chisnall <address@hidden> wrote:

> I’m now hitting a failure in the unichar_const tests, because for some reason
> a GSMutableString and a (UTF-16) NSConstantString are not comparing equal, in
> spite of having the same hash, the same length, and the same values for both
> characters...

Ignore that bit - I’d made the same fix in GSMutableString, but hadn’t
recompiled before testing.  I’m now passing all of the NSString tests, with
both rangeOfSequence_c and rangeOfSequence_u disabled and the subclasses that
use it falling back to the superclass implementation.  I don’t know if the
NSString or the GSString implementation is the correct one, but at least one of
them is wrong, and the NSString one at least works with other NSString
subclasses that implement the required primitive methods of NSString.