State of new abi

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: State of new abi
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 23:08:14 +0200

Hi,

to confirm, is current libobjc2 master incompatible with current gnustep-base master?

Stjepan has been building GNUstep using the following instructions:
  http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/GNUstep_under_Ubuntu_Linux
and I remembered that the failure could be due to the development of the new abi.

I powered on the laptop during my vacation, took a quick look, and told him to git checkout 1.9. This seems to have worked.

Is this intentional?

Presumably -base newabi branch is not ready to be merged yet — but should libobjc2’s master branch be using the new abi then?

I think that’s fine, apart from breaking scripts that build GS from head. Travis CI is also erroring out:
  https://travis-ci.org/gnustep/libs-base