Re: Commit process to source tree on github

From: Sergii Stoian
Subject: Re: Commit process to source tree on github
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 23:51:35 +0200

Hi Fred,

Thank you. As I've replied to David, I tend to push trivial patches directly to HEAD. More complex I'll create as a pull request so we can discuss details before merge.

Answering your last question: I have a set of tested changes to older GNUstep release (you may find them here https://github.com/trunkmaster/nextspace/tree/master/Libraries/gnustep).
I want to include these changes into current release of GNUstep. The main areas are:
- focus management and window manager interaction (hide application, minimize window), mouse click on titlebar, appicon, inside window;
- mouse properties: configurable double-click time, line scroll multiplier, left/right menu button (some details: https://github.com/trunkmaster/nextspace/issues/8);
- applications "-autolaunch" behaviour: do not show menus and do not steal focus;
- mouse cursors: I've created a cursor theme which is fully compatible to Awaita (standard `de facto` I guess). You may find my thoughs here: https://github.com/trunkmaster/nextspace/wiki/Mouse-Cursors;

Also I have several trivial patches:
- prevent blinking of appicon on focus switch/appicon double-click. It's quite noticable with cairo backend;
- Font panel weird look and feel on WM (no resize bar, items must be clicked higher then it drawn)
- use title image in miniwindow
- etc.

In long-term I want to adopt cairo backend as default for NEXTSPACE. I want to move some functionality from ART backend.
For example, I'd like to have an option and support of font packages (.nfont).
I want to polish UI: some elements draw lines as gray instead of black (I know about half-pixel problem).
I'd like to test and enhance NSBrowser behavior. I want to implement display resolution changes adoption at backend level. May high DPI some day...