Re: Why doesn’t the Unix makefile build work on windows with clang and m

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Why doesn’t the Unix makefile build work on windows with clang and msys2
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2019 19:20:46 +0100

As I have repeatedly said:

libobjc2 has no dependency on anything other than Windows.  It needs a Windows
build environment.  It does not need MinGW.  It does not need Cygwin.

When you build it on Linux, it does not need WINE.

Building it on Windows requires following a small number of documented steps.
I haven’t tried the UNIX Makefiles output on Windows (I use Ninja on all
platforms, because it is faster), so there may be some bugs specific to that
output from CMake.  Patches welcome.

David