Re: GNUstep graphical elements missing text on Aarch64

From: Patryk Laurent
Subject: Re: GNUstep graphical elements missing text on Aarch64
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 18:07:12 -0700

Hi Fred,

On Aug 22, 2019, at 22:30, Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

Could you please provide some details about your system?

Am 23.08.2019 um 01:20 schrieb Patryk Laurent via Gnustep-dev <address@hidden>:

Hi,

On Aarch64 when I run graphical GNUstep apps, the graphical windows and elements appear but there is no text (except for on the titlebar).

I am happy to report that GNUstep graphics/text work perfectly under a different Linux distribution on my Aarch64 Pinebook -- the Armbian distribution to be precise.

The problem seems to be with the Pinebook's KDE Neon distribution's X server configuration.

I also confirmed that GNUstep graphics/text work well when served over X remotely from an Amazon a1.large Aarch64 instance.

Thank you,
Patryk