Building just the BaseAdditions of GNUstep-base on a apple-apple-apple s

From: address@hidden
Subject: Building just the BaseAdditions of GNUstep-base on a apple-apple-apple system using Xcode
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 22:26:00 +0100

Hi everybody,

I’ve checked out https://github.com/gnustep/libs-base from GitHub and found there is a base.xcodeproj included. Since I am on macOS (obviously when I use Xcode ;)) I just want to build the BaseAdditions.

IIRC this was done using the library-combo apple-apple-apple when using GNUstep-make.

So I searched the whole project for „BaseAdditions“, "Base Additions“, "apple-apple-apple“ and „LIBRARY_COMBO“ to get an idea which files to add to a new Target in the Xcode project (since the project contained only one target called „Foundation“ to build the whole of GNUstep-base).

However, I was not able to determine those files nor get an idea how the whole process of building the BaseAdditions is going to work. I must admit I am not the person with the most knowledge about GNUstep-make. Can someone please point me into the right direction (e.g. what to look for and what to consider)?

Thanks a lot,

Lars