Re: [ML] Re: Hosting of gnustep.org

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: [ML] Re: Hosting of gnustep.org
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 14:13:07 +0100

Hi !

On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 23:58:39 -0500
Gregory Casamento <address@hidden> wrote:
>| Difficult to explain.  I don't understand DNS entries well enough to make
>| them manually.   I'm going to see what I can do to make this happen.  More
>| research on my part is needed.

Nameservers for gnustep.org are still our servers.

I can easily do this:

- keep ftp.gnustep.org pointing on the current FTP site

- make a CNAME www.gnustep.org => gnustep.github.io (but server hosting
   gnustep.github.io should accept requests for www.gnustep.org)

I can't make a CNAME gnustep.org => gnustep.github.io (due to the way DNS
works) but I can make a 301 redirect http://gnustep.org
=> http://www.gnustep.org

Manuel

--
Cordialement,

Manuel Guesdon

Manuel Guesdon - OXYMIUM <address@hidden>
4 rue Auguste Gillot  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Standard: 0 811 093 286 (Cout d'un appel local)   Fax: +33 1 7473 3971
LD Support: +33 1 7473 3973                       LD:  +33 1 7473 3980