Re: Cairo backend seems broken - mainScreen visibleFrame has no size

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Cairo backend seems broken - mainScreen visibleFrame has no size
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2020 17:28:18 +0100

Hi Sergii!

Sergii Stoian wrote:
I've added check for number of XRandR outputs. Please test and report if it helps.

Yes it helps! now applications start both locally and remotely

I got only one kind of error now and only once a the first start of Ink. starting it again, no error, so I do wonder and will keep an eye on it and also test on other computers.

wmaker(catchXError(startup.c:118)): warning: internal X error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
        Request code: 12 X_ConfigureWindow
        Request minor code: 0
        Resource ID: 0x600003
        Error serial: 59874

no more X-Windows errors.

Out of curiosity, do you have XRandR enabled and it's not working? What is the Xorg log messages about it?

How can I know? xome option to the "xrandr" command?

P.S.: You haven't answer me about my XInitThreads idea. Have you succeded?

Sorry, had no time to test yet. "Real Job" is consuming 99% of CPU time :-P But will test that as soonas I can and report back.

Riccardo