Re: Windows ming64- loading resources in a Framework fails - bundleForCl

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Windows ming64- loading resources in a Framework fails - bundleForClass
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 11:59:59 +0100

Hi,

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
It turns out the culprit was /mingw64/etc/config.site setting the target host
type to be mingw32
I don't know why it does that (it comes from the mingw/msys distribution) ...
maybe it's a mistake/bug, or maybe they think people using mingw64 actually
want to cross-compile for mingw32 (seems perverse).

Anyway, it can be overridden by using --host=mingw64 when configuring
gnustep-make, as a command line argument takes precedence over information from
config.site

perhaps we should change the way we use the host information? I got an answer from the bug.
From there I found this:

https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/wiki2/TypeTriplets/

- i686-w64-mingw32
- x86_64-w64-mingw32

so "ming32" is the name of the "vendor", it is confusing... I guess it kept compatibility with the original mingw project. But, in case it would be called like "mingw2" but still be the same.

The architecture is i686 or x86_64, can we match that to make the decisions in gnustep-make?

Riccardo