Porting GNUstep to RISC-V: FreeBSD

From: address@hidden
Subject: Porting GNUstep to RISC-V: FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 14:51:02 +0200

Hi everybody,

as some of you might already know, I am in the process of porting GNUstep to RISC-V.

I got GNUstep already working on Fedora/RISC-V some days ago (although no ObjC 2.0 for now, only the gnu-runtime) I am now tackling FreeBSD/RISC-V.

Once again I made use of the scripts in https://github.com/gnustep/tools-scripts especially install-dependencies-freebsd for now.
Here I found out it needs an update, it tries to install ‚clang‘ and ‚libxml‘ both of which don’t exist (any longer?):

pkg: No packages available to install matching 'clang' have been found in the repositories

and

pkg: No packages available to install matching 'libxml' have been found in the repositories

The clang problem was easy solvable once I found out that ‚clang‘ was a meta package which got merged back into ‚llvm-devel‘ so that is fixed here:
https://github.com/gnustep/tools-scripts/pull/7/files

Greg, could you please have a look?

Now only the ‚libxml‘ problem remains. At fresh ports I found only this:
https://www.freshports.org/textproc/libxml2/

is this the right one to use?

Kind regards,

Lars