gnuzilla-dev

Re: housekeeping changes

From: Michał Dec
Subject: Re: housekeeping changes
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 12:34:43 +0100

Hello Amin,

I'm very happy to see a lot of changes here! I've taken a close look.

I like that references to /tmp only exist in prepare_macos_packaging function, which won't violate Portage workspaces.

We could still change the shebang from "#!/bin/bash" to "#!/usr/bin/env bash" to at least increase FreeBSD compatibility. From what I remember, they would also require aliasing sed into gsed and make into gmake, since they have BSD and GNU counterparts of some of the most basic tools. That aliasing cannot be reflected on Linux distributions however, so I would say it's not up to us and this script to take care of this particular gap that sets these systems apart.

Great work!

Best regards,

Michał