gnuzilla-dev

Regarding the return of Tor support on the 102.2.0 branch

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Regarding the return of Tor support on the 102.2.0 branch
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 00:24:54 -0400

Hi Ruben,

I was delighted to see that you've recently pushed a "102.2.0" branch to
our gnuzilla git repository on Savannah.  I'm very grateful for your
work on this!

I noticed that one of the changes made on that branch adds a new bundled
extension: "torproxy@icecat.gnu based on 'Proxy toggle' extension".

Is this similar in functionality to the "Tor Button" extension that was
bundled with earlier versions of IceCat?  If so, I have concerns about
this approach.  I outlined them in the following message:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnuzilla/2020-06/msg00008.html

What do you think?

      Regards,
        Mark

--
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.