gomp-discuss

Re: [Gomp-discuss] OpenMP 3.0 Documents?

From: Christian Brunschen
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] OpenMP 3.0 Documents?
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:09:26 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:

I'd like to at least review the proposed changes for OpenMP 3.0-, which unifies the three language front-ends; it seems to me that if we're designing for the future, we need to consider these changes.

However, I'm not a registered member of the OpenMP group (it costs $8000). Does anyone else have these documents?

If not, no tragedy; I understand the differences are relatively minor. I just want to catch any "gotchas" as early as possible.

I assume you've seen the the OpenMP 2.5 Draft Specification, as was released on the 4th of November?

Press release:
  <http://www.openmp.org/drupal/node/view/59>

<quote>
The OpenMP ARB is pleased to announce the release of a draft of the 2.5 specifications for public comment. The goal of the 2.5 effort was to combine the Fortran and C/C++ specifications into a single one and to fix inconsistencies.
</quote>

The Draft Spec itself:
  <http://www.openmp.org/drupal/mp-documents/draft_spec25.pdf>

Best wishes,