gpremacy-general

[Gpremacy-general] New method of getting points

From: James 'Pug' Jones
Subject: [Gpremacy-general] New method of getting points
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 00:05:12 -0600 (CST)

After manually doing Europe and Latin America, I had an epiphany. This was
just like finding the points for imagemaps before I went and got a windows
program to do it by mouse clicks... AHA! I'll find a linux program that
does the same things, and then I can just pull the points from the
resulting HTML imagemap file, count them, and be set!

So, Russia was done this way... I had to spend some time correcting points
(hard to be as exact), but definitely less time than going point by point
in GIMP.

Also, I didn't put in Great Britain, because I wasn't sure how to do two
polygons as one object.

http://www.dansteinman.com/downloads/javamapper/javamapper-0.2.zip

--
James 'Pug' Jones