gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] geoclue/gnome-bluetooth integration

From: Alban Browaeys
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] geoclue/gnome-bluetooth integration
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:44:44 +0100

Le mardi 10 janvier 2012 à 13:20 -0500, Eric S. Raymond a écrit :
> I recognize from what you say that Bluetooth presents a design problem that
> will require us to change our model somewhat. Does the bluetooth program
> that wants to use this socket run in some sort of admin or tty group?  If
> so, the solution might be as simple as changing the socket ownership.

I do not know if we can rely on any group ownership. The bluetooth
manager is part of the standard user session. As its geoclue plugin and
the gpsd gecolue plugin.
The issue is to avoid the need for the admin to give the user the
admin/root password (which could be worst than gpsd behing compromised
knowing it is not running as root and we would require the user to be
able to execute anything on the system to avoid it to get compromised ./
).

Alban