gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] Problems with the gpsd website move

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] Problems with the gpsd website move
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 09:40:17 -0500

Tomalak Geret'kal <address@hidden>:
> On 26/02/2012 13:46, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> >Tomalak Geret'kal<address@hidden>:
> >>How about option 3, find a real webhost?
> >
> >All of them suck in various painful ways, most having to do with
> >the extremely primitive state of forge software.  I know how to fix this, but
> >doing so will require about six months of concentration that I haven't
> >been able to give the problem yet.
>
> I don't follow.
>
> Web hosting has been widely and easily available for ... quite some
> time.

Permissions.

I want my other committers to be able to change the web content as
well.  This means either hosting it on the forge site where they
already have accounts and commit privilewges, or requiring all devs to
manage two sets of credentials - one for the forge, one for the
webhosting. That would suck.