gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Problems with the gpsd website move

From: Tomalak Geret'kal
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Problems with the gpsd website move
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 12:53:13 +0000

On 26/02/2012 06:51, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
I moved the project in a hurry. In order to avoid dealing with that CVS
crap I parked the website in my webspace on ibiblio.  At this point I
see the following options:

1) Write a script that will push changes through Savannah's narrow, twisty
CVS-centered procedure and move the website there.  Advantage: all our stuff
would live at a permanent location on Savannah.  Disadvantage: the damn
cron-job delay. I hate the fact that after updates I'd have to wait an unknown
amount of time for the changes to be visible.

2) Leave it where it is. Advantage: Website updates remain fast and cheap.
Disadvantage: webpage URLs don't have any connection with the project
URL except through my name, and nobody except me can update the website.

Anyone got any creative ideas?

How about option 3, find a real webhost?

Tom