gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] Problems with the gpsd website move

From: Bernd Zeimetz
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] Problems with the gpsd website move
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:54:21 +0100

On 03/09/2012 12:01 PM, Ed W wrote:
> On 03/03/2012 17:10, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
>> Bernd Zeimetz<address@hidden>:
>>> I wouldn't mind to setup gitlabhq and provide a vhost for gpsd and even
>>> sponsor a domain.  Gitlabhq is still in development, but upstream
>>> responds fast.
>> Yes, I think gitlabhq looks promising, but still in early days and with
>> festures missing that we have on Savahnnah now.

Which features are missing we are actually using?

> There is also gitosis (the software, not the hosting service) and
> redmine (a trac alternative)

gitosis sucks imho - and unfortunately.

I still prefer github - working with it is very easy and it is
especially easy to keep track of commits other people made to their own
forks of your project and to comment on them or merge them.

[...]

> c) Related to b) It's not clear why you feel the mailing lists need to
> move if the rest of the project hosting moves?

(also I fail to understand why its such a pain to have two passwords - I
never ever used the password for the mailman or whatever runs the list
as there is no need to use it)