gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] errors from scons testregress: Trimble-lassen

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] errors from scons testregress: Trimble-lassen
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 02:44:26 -0700

address@hidden said:
>> Regression test FAILED: 3 errors in 78 tests total (0 not found).
>> The following test Failed:
>> "test/daemon/trimble-lassen_iq-3dfix.log"
>> "test/daemon/trimble-lassen_iq-playacar.log"
>> "test/daemon/trimble-lassen_iq.log"
>> Is this a known problem area?  If not, what do I do to help track it down?
> This is a bug in older versions of the Python termios library, I think.
> What's triggering it is gpsfake trying to set a word-length/stop-bits
> combination other than N8, which those device types and only those require.

Thanks.

I tried on a newer system, Fedora 17.  It's got python 2.7.  It gets the same
error.

I poked around a bit and found a termios.py out there.  A comment on the top
says it was generated with h2py.  I think I'll put this on the back burner
for now.

----------

I've got another quirk on that new system.  It can't build the man pages:

xsltproc --nonet http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/d
ocbook.xsl gpsctl.xml > gpsctl.1
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://docbook.sourceforge.net/rele
ase/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
warning: failed to load external entity "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/releas
e/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl"
cannot parse http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbo
ok.xsl
scons: *** [gpsctl.1] Error 4

The same command line works on the older system.  Looks like the remapping
for http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/ has been removed from
/etc/xml/catalog

Is anybody familiar with this area?