gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS over USB

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS over USB
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 11:00:55 -0700

Yo Ed!

On Mon, 07 May 2012 16:08:15 +0100
Ed W <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Maybe.  Gary is actually measuring 0.5 ms jitter.
>
> I guess I need to go find those results - however, might Gary mind
> resending his results and how to compute them here?  For reference I
> have been feeding my results to chrony and examining the statistics
> from that.  Probably ntp computes it's statistics differently?

I'm feeding the results of the GR-601W into ntpd on one host and into
chronyd on another.  Both hosts also lock to PPS over serial on adjacent
GigE connected hosts so the local clock is stable.  Eyeballing the worst
case GR-601W jitter over 10 or 20 mins on both give me about 0.500
milliSec.  So nothing fancy on my end.

This exceeds the request of the bufferbloat project.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588